Country Day School of the Sacred Heart

Location: Bryn Mawr, PA
Architect: Casaccio Yu Architects

O'Donnell & Naccarato provided structural engineering design services for 54,000 SF of additions and renovations to the Country Day School of the Sacred Heart, a Tudor Mansion constructed in 1908 and a 1960s convent addition later converted into a classrooms wing. The expansion project added 9 classrooms, a computer lab library, a performance stage, a music center with tiered choral room, an instructional piano lab and individual practice rooms.

The school's existing gym underwent major alterations including the addition of the new 2-story, 4,500 SF performance stage (with partial basement), a new, 3,500 SF 3rd story built over the existing office area, and a new 3-story elevator tower addition to access the new floor.

The mansion portion of the school was expanded with a 1-story, 8,600 SF dining room addition, and the school house was expanded with a 3-story, 10,100 SF classroom addition (with full basement).