The River House at Odette’s has a long and storied history beginning in 1784, when the original tavern was constructed to serve boatmen on the Delaware River. It later became a lackluster hotel before being purchased in 1961 by former actress Odette Myrtil Logan, who renamed it Chez Odette.
In 2020, after 10 years of abandonment, the 236-year-old structure was lifted from its foundations and moved to its new location to become the centerpiece of The River House at Odette’s, a luxury boutique hotel named for both the former tavern and its most famous former owner. O’Donnell & Naccarato provided services for not only the renovations and additions, but the actual relocation of the original 387-ton structure as well.
The 54,000 SF, 36-room hotel features 10 suites and two “ultra-luxurious” penthouse suites, an indoor/outdoor lounge bar, restaurant, and a 200-person ballroom.